Friday 6 June 2014

Book mark

At Brown Sugar Challenge
this week our sponsor is

And the theme is Bookmarks.

I decided to use the little girl reading a book.

I started by taking some small "pages" of a book - small sections cut from an old book,
 on to an A5 card blank
I then i had to decide on which colours to use.

I currently make cards to send to sick children (Postal Pals),
so i looked for someone who likes to read,
and as one of their favourite colours is purple,
i went with shades of purple.

I wasn't sure how to make the image into a bookmark,
 so i printed out the image bigger,  so i could make a bookmark out of just the pencil.

I used the following colours:
Purple, Lilac, Orchid, Lavender,
Amethyst & Plum.

The hair and skin colours are the usual ones i use.
(Hair :  Tan,  Gold  &  Pastel Yellow
Skin :  Satin, Almond, & Vanilla)

Once i coloured the image i mounted it on to 3 different shades of purple.
Then on mounted it onto the card blank with foam tape,  
so i could create a pocket to put the bookmark in.

I hope my intended recipient  will love this card and find the bookmark useful.

 I hope you like my creation
And hope you come back and visit my blog soon
  Mel







No comments:

Post a Comment